Various associations hold important meetings at the Annual Conference on South Asia by coordinating with Rachel Weiss to reserve space and time in the conference program. If you have any questions about planning an association meeting during the Annual Conference on South Asia, please email Dhriti Tiwari.
Important information for Association and other Meeting organizers:
1. Requests for meetings at the Annual Conference are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. The conference committee strongly requests that meeting times do not overlap with panel sessions, or special events, mainly: Friday night Keynote Address (6-7 pm), Friday night All-conference Dinner (7:15-8:30 pm), and Saturday Plenary Session (3:45-5:30 pm).
3. The Madison Concourse Hotel does not allow any group to bring in outside food. If this is an issue for your group please contact Dhriti Tiwari to discuss alternative meeting locations.
4. The small service charge to meeting organizers covers the additional cost of room rental and staff time for coordinating logistics of your meeting with the Concourse.
5. Once your meeting is approved you will have the option to request additional AV, food, and room arrangements with a member of the Concourse banquet staff. Please do not contact the Concourse staff directly before your event has been approved.
6. If your event is a reception and open to all conference attendees, we suggest that you consider submitting an Ad in the program book so that your event is highlighted.